The Chiropractors’ Association of Saskatchewan recognizes the concern the emerging public health threat novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is raising among chiropractors, their clinics and their patients. Please refer to communications from the CAS and use the resources below to help prepare.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, see the Ministry of Health/Saskatchewan Health Authority website at http://www.saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus.
The Ministry of Health webpage provides up-to-date information on self isolation and self monitoring measures, as well as guidance on important public health measures to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- By order of the Chief Medical Health Officer, effective March 23rd, 2020 “the closure of all chiropractic clinics except for non-elective procedures.” Only limited emergency/urgent care will be provided by some clinics.
- Chiropractors are asked to review and comply with the up-to-date guidelines and directives of the Ministry of Health and Saskatchewan Health Authority. See saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus
- Chiropractors and staff are asked to take extra measures to clean equipment and surfaces to reduce the potential for cross-contamination. Chiropractors and all staff should wash their hands regularly and avoid touching their faces.
- Measures should be taken to limit wait time for patients before and after visits. This can include spacing out visits, or using technology like texting to advise patients when available.
- Chiropractic clinics should triage patients based on risk factors and conditions (e.g. immune-compromised), and reschedule any patients who are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms, have returned from recent travel or who have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19.
- Prior to arriving at the clinic, please call and report any flu-like symptoms, recent travel, or exposure to someone who has COVID-19.
- Patients should wash their hands before and after each visit.
- Patients should try to be punctual to avoid unnecessary waiting, or potential cross-contamination.
- Ministry of Health website
- COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool
- Call Health Line at 811 for immediate concerns and information
- Clinic Poster March 16-2020
- Clinic Poster – Protect Yourself and Others
- COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection Fact Sheet for Public Facilities
- CCA COVID-19 National Resource Centre
- COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
General Pandemic Resources:
- Public Health Agency of Canada: COVID-19 resources
- World Health Organization: COVID-19 Resources
- World Federation of Chiropractic: coronavirus information
- Travel advisories
- Government of Canada: support for entrepreneurs affected by COVID-19
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business: coronavirus and small business
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: pandemic preparedness for business
- Saskatchewan employment standards amendments
- Saskatchewan Public Health Emergency Leave
Still have questions on chiropractic care and COVID-19? Contact the CAS Office